Who we are
We are Prism Services Holdings Limited, with our registered office at 20 Micoud Street, Castries, St. Lucia. At Prism, we are part of a larger group of companies called Digicel Group. Digicel Group and its other companies may have their own separate privacy notice, and they will apply if you buy any of their products or services direct from them.
Information that we collect
We may collect and use the following types of personal information:
- Contact information such as name, address, email address and telephone number and recipient telephone number or email address (when you top-up or send a digital gift card to someone);
- Social media profile information such as first and last name, email address, user identifier, profile picture, user geolocation, user IP address and profile URL;
- identification information such as passport identification number, tax registration number or social security number, driver’s license, date of birth;
- demographic information such as age range, marital status, gender;
- payment card information and billing address;
- information about your device such as device type/model, operating platform, timezone, user’s language, carrier name and geography, IP address, cookie identifiers, device identifiers; and
- how you use our Services such as user app session information, your preferences, your transaction history.
How and why we collect this information
We typically collect and process information when you:
- interact and visit our website or download our app;
- log in using your social media account or when you sign up and create your profile;
- buy, register or use any of our products and services;
- Make customer enquiries, register for information or other services;
- Respond to communications from us (such as SMS, emails, questionnaires or surveys);
- Contact us and provide your information through Digicel’s customer call centers;
- Have given permission for third party companies to share your information with us; or
We also collect information from cookies and other similar tracking technologies used on our website or in our app. For more information on this please check out our ‘Cookies’ section in this policy.
We will use the information that you have given us:
• to verify your identity and validate your purchase or services you register to;
• for billing purposes;
• to provide, maintain and develop our products and services;
• to assist with service-related issues, account management, customer care and technical support;
• to improve the performance of our services, products and service development, and customer care;
• to carry out marketing analysis to tailor the services to your preferences and interests;
• to market our products and services; and
• to carry out statistical analysis such as analyzing the performance of our products and services and to understand how our customers use them.
Legal basis for using your information
We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. In every case, the legal ground will be one of the following:
• Where you give us your consent - you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us via our contact details.
• For our legitimate business interest, so that we can run an efficient and effective business.
• For the performance of our contract with you – that is to provide you with the products and services you have requested, bought or subscribed to.
• To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, including for example tax and accounting requirements, financial or telecommunications regulations.
Digicel does not sell, trade, transfer or otherwise share your information except in the following instances:
- as required by law, such as in conjunction with a subpoena, government inquiry, litigation, dispute resolution or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your security, investigate fraud or respond to a law enforcement request;
- with Digicel service providers, and contracted third parties who work on our behalf and who do not have an independent right to use the information to which they have access or that we disclose to them. Digicel ensures that all these third parties have signed contracts that include confidentiality and data protection clauses;
- with our business partners for Digicel’s marketing activities, in such case no specific personally identifiable information is provided, as such information is generally aggregated;
- with third parties for research and development purposes in such case no specific personally identifiable information is provided;
- with our subsidiaries and affiliates within the Digicel Group of companies;
We may share and transfer your information to our vendors, partners, suppliers (altogether “our service providers” across the world. These service providers have signed contracts with us provide for a strict duty to keep all personal information confidential and to use it only for the purpose for we have contracted them in an accordance with strict policies consistent with our commitment to keep your information confidential and secure.
Data Transfers and Storage
We may have to transfer data to jurisdictions outside of the jurisdiction where we collected such information. In these circumstances, Digicel will ensure secure data transfers using secure technologies and practices to secure data from unauthorized access or interception. Where such transfer is to a non-Digicel company, we shall ensure that we have signed contracts containing the relevant data protection clauses.
The above notwithstanding, please be aware that communications over the public Internet, such as email/webmail, facsimile, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered - this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Intranet. Digicel cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorized access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
Where you have given us your consent to use your information and you decide to withdraw that consent, we will delete your personal information unless we are required to keep it for reasons we have explained above. We may need to keep a piece of your contact information e.g. your email address in our records so we know that you have withdrawn your consent and ensure we honor your choice.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information to operate, develop or improve our services. We also engage well-known technologies including but not limited to firewalls, anti-virus, intrusion detection, SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), routine network vulnerability assessment and 24 x 7 monitoring of our network. Please be aware that although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for the information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
Digicel website uses common internet technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to keep track of user interaction with our website, to remember user preferences and to maximize the user experience and performance of the website and services. For example, using cookies on our website provides benefits to you, such as allowing you to autofill fields on forms, provide details of the last time you log in online. You can disable the cookies at any time and the information will not be collected. Please refer to your browser ‘Help’ instructions to learn more about cookies and how to manage their use. If you choose to decline cookies, some of the functionality of a website may be impaired.
Your data protection rights
You can do any of the following at any time by contacting us:
• Request to see a copy of the information we have about you;
• Request to update any incorrect or inaccurate information we have about you;
• Restrict or object to us processing your information in certain circumstances;
• Have us delete any information we have about you in certain circumstances;
• Transfer the information you gave us to another organization, or to you, in certain circumstances;
• Express any concern you have about our use of your information;
• To opt-out of marketing messages – you can also opt-out by clicking the ‘unsubscribe link at the end of any marketing email, or disable push notifications, or change your preferences within your device settings; and
• To opt-out of automated profiling e.g. online behavior analytics.
Privacy Support & Inquiries
Date of Last Revision: April 2021